Benefits of Milk with Honey: Better Sleep, Stronger Bones What are the benefits of milk with honey? How can the use of this mixture improve your health and the appearance of your skin as well? Here is all the information and details:
Learn about the health benefits of milk with honey by reading the following:
Benefits of milk with honey
These are the highlights:
- 1. Strengthening the bones of the body
Milk's role in bone health is virtually universally recognized. The natural composition of milk is rich in calcium, so drinking it can provide the body with a good share of calcium, which may help maintain bone density, and lessen the risk of exposure to issues like:
- Joint infections.
What makes the mixture of milk and honey especially important for the bones is the potential ability of honey to enhance calcium absorption. Drinking this mixture will not only enable you to get an excellent portion of calcium but will also increase the amount of calcium absorbed from the milk.
Honey may also have other benefits for the bones that are added to the benefits of milk with honey, as honey may help to: Resist infections that may affect bone health and reduce the potentially harmful effect of exercise on the bones.
- 2. Improve sleep quality and fight insomnia
Drinking a warm glass of milk with honey before going to bed may help you sleep better and deeper.
This mixture contains substances that may improve sleep quality, for example, honey contains tryptophan, which is converted in the body to the hormone serotonin, which is important for relaxation, and a lack of tryptophan is usually associated with sleep disorders.
Here is a summary of the available scientific evidence about this type of potential milk and honey benefits:
- In one study, drinking milk with honey twice daily for several consecutive days improved sleep quality in some heart patients.
- A second study found that taking a half-teaspoon of honey before bed could enhance the quality of one's sleep.
- In a third study, it was found that drinking milk or eating milk products before bed may help to combat sleep difficulties.
So you can eat honey or drink milk at night to improve sleep quality, and you can drink milk with honey to achieve the same purpose as well.
- 3. Strengthen the body and enhance endurance
One of the potential benefits of milk with honey is that drinking it may enhance endurance, which may be particularly beneficial for athletes, as it may help them exercise for longer and more efficiently. These potential benefits are attributed to the following:
- Milk has a lot of protein, which is digested and turns into energy when oxidized.
- Honey contains a good percentage of carbohydrates, which may stimulate metabolism.
To reap this kind of benefits of milk with honey, you can drink a cup of this mixture in the morning to boost your energy throughout the day, or you can drink a cup of it after exercising.
- 4. Various benefits for the skin
Applying a mixture of honey and milk to the affected area may provide relief:
- Deeply moisturizing the skin
Laxative acid, found in milk, may help the skin keep its natural moisture, while honey may assist the skin to retain moisture.
- Maintain youthful skin
This honey combination could assist exfoliate skin and protect it from UV rays' damaging effects, while milk's lactic acid could aid exfoliate. the skin's ability to repair damaged tissue.
The combination of these benefits may help to resist some signs of aging, such as wrinkles.
- Acne relief
Topical application of this mixture can reduce the severity of acne, as milk with honey may help promote the healing of skin tissues, in addition to fighting some types of acne-causing bacteria.
- 5. Other benefits of milk with honey
- Slowing down the rate of cognitive decline, and resisting some diseases of aging.
- Supporting heart health, by promoting good cholesterol, lowering bad cholesterol, and reducing blood pressure. And
- Resist some digestive disorders, such as constipation, flatulence.
- This honey combination could assist exfoliate skin and protect it from UV rays' damaging effects, while milk's lactic acid could aid exfoliate.
How to reap the benefits of milk with honey
Here is more than one way:
- 1. Drink milk with honey
- the components
This is what you will need:
- a glass of milk;
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Setting method
Here are the steps:
- Heat the milk until it is warm, being careful not to reach the boiling point.
- Add honey to the milk, and this nutritious mixture is ready to drink.
- 2. Applying a milk mask with honey
You can try to reap the benefits of milk with honey for the skin by applying some natural masks. Here are some recipes:
- To combat pimples: Wipe the skin with a mixture of one tablespoon of manuka honey and two tablespoons of milk, and wash it after 10 minutes.
- To exfoliate the skin and maintain its moisture: Mix equal portions of honey, milk, and ground almonds, and massage the skin with the mixture before rinsing it with water.
Disadvantages of milk with honey
Although the benefits of milk with honey may be numerous, this mixture also has potential harms, such as:
- 1. Damage related to milk
- Lactose intolerance and/or milk allergy may pose a risk to patients.
- Stimulating the emergence of some skin diseases when drinking milk, such as acne and eczema.
- 2. Honey related damages
- Allergy, as some may be allergic to honey.
- Problems caused by 5-Hydroxymethylfurfura, which can be formed by heating honey.
- Consuming honey in excess can lead to weight gain or the onset of certain ailments, such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Botulism, especially when honey is given to an infant less than 12 months old.