Heartburn treatment, A large number of people suffer from heartburn, and this heartburn occurs due to the inability of the lower valve of the esophagus to close completely, due to its defect, and therefore allows the sour gastric juice to reach the esophagus,
and when this juice reaches the esophagus occurs burning stomach discomfort, and to get rid of this feeling many people resort to taking drugs used in the fight against acidity,
but these drugs are treatments for a limited time only, and in this case, is sure that there are many ways to treat and prevent them as well.
Natural ways to treat heartburn
There are several natural ways to treat heartburn, including:
- Drink a cup of herbal tea sweetened with honey or sugar, prepared by boiling half a spoonful of each lavender, anise, mint, and cloves, with tea.
- Slowly take a glass of sterile water and cloves, and prepare by adding half a teaspoon of clove oil to a glass of water.
- Drinking a glass of cold milk is an effective and quick remedy for heartburn.
- Return the acid from the esophagus to the stomach again through saliva, by increasing the amount of saliva by eating gum.
- Eating one or more bananas according to the percentage of burning helps to get rid of heartburn effectively and quickly.
- Pineapple is a food rich in enzymes that are effective in reducing the acidity of the stomach, so eating some pineapple slices contributes to the elimination of heartburn.
- Drink a glass of licorice slowly, prepared by adding a teaspoon of ground licorice, to a glass of water and putting it on the fire for ten minutes.
- Ginger root juice is effective in calming heartburn.
- Calmly drink chamomile infusion, get rid of heartburn, and prepare by soaking chamomile powder in boiling water for ten minutes.
- Use dandelion roots, in the fight against heartburn.
Prevention of heartburn
To prevent heartburn, you need to follow the following:
- Stay away from eating foods that cause heartburn such as sour foods and rich in caffeine, such as tomatoes and citrus fruits, tea, and coffee, as well as preferably reduce foods rich in fat, and should pay attention to eating fresh vegetables and fruits because they are rich in fiber, and fiber is an important material in protecting the digestive system and strengthen it.
- In dividing diets, it is better to eat five snacks instead of three fatty meals.
- Avoid eating right before bedtime, it is best to eat three hours before bedtime.
- Quit smoking, because it serves to weaken the muscles that prevent the release of sour juice out of the stomach.
- The fat accumulated on the abdomen raises the percentage of pressure on the stomach, thereby taking the juice out of the stomach, so it is better to follow a diet and sports to reduce obesity.
- Eat calmly, and bites should be small, to protect the stomach from acidity.