teeth straightening in 2 weeks, I'm going to tell you today how you can straighten your teeth. In two weeks, I often meet patients who are considering straightening their teeth with braces or Invisalign or clear, correct, or fat braces, and I like to offer sometimes, depending on the circumstance, an alternate option.
- Now, that's something we can discuss on a case-by-case basis, but sometimes people are looking for that immediate result.
- They don't want to wait a year and a half two years, sometimes two or four years, depending on what kind of braces they do in order to see the straight teeth: the perfect teeth.
- the Hollywood teeth that they're looking for so, in that case, Is when we consider crowns and veneers now when we think about cosmetic dentistry.
- most people think about veneers, but we can't take away from the fact that crown also helps to make your teeth look better.
Not only do they correct the shape, not only do they correct the color, but they're also correct or appear to correct the position. What is the erosion of the front teeth?.
Now I have a lot of people whose back teeth are in a good position. We call that good occlusion. That means, when their teeth come together in the back there's really it's pretty good and really what bothers them is to teach towards the front.
teeth straightening at-home
Now, there are a lot of different circumstances that can make us consider crowns or veneers to correct those things.
But if we have a pretty good bite - and we really don't like the way - the teeth look in the front, we can consider crown dental crowns or veneers to create what we call instant orthodontics. That means right away.
Things are straight now. The reason I say two weeks is because initially, the first visit is to prepare the teeth.
That means that we're going to shape the teeth in the position that we want, then you take moles of that piece and we set them off to the laboratory and the laboratory will make crowns or veneers porcelain beautiful-looking crowns and they will send them back to us.
In about two weeks, and in those two weeks we put the Crowns in and instantly your teeth look straight.
Look white! Look pretty all at one time now the circumstance that we do that gives you instant results. We don't have to wait the one year, the one year and a half, or the two years in order to straighten it straighten anything.
Now in a moment, we're going to show you some circumstances that may apply to you if you are considering, maybe cutting that hole.
Straighten your teeth process short and consider dental crowns and veneers. Now I'm going to describe four situations that are probably the most common reasons that we can skip the braces and straighten our teeth in two weeks now. Foods that hurt teeth.
- The first case is going to be gaps and spaces. Some people have a gap between their two front teeth and they don't like it. Maybe you have multiple gaps in multiple spaces that you'd like to correct or are too close.
- Now again, maybe you don't want to wait. Two years to close your gaps and spaces - and there are other things about your teeth - you don't like.
- Maybe you have dark stains or big old fillings that you had before, or maybe a cracked tooth from an injury and what we do again.
- We can crown those teeth and we really try to, and I really make a big point to discuss all the things that you don't like about your teeth ahead of time. So I'm very conscious to relate all of that information to the laboratory ahead of time.
How are we going to close it completely, and relate all that information to the lab so that we can close your gaps and spaces?
- The second circumstance is crooked teeth, so if your teeth are kind of in all kinds of different positions, again mostly towards the front, maybe crown veneers are the best way to go to correct that.
- So again, we can make it up to tier as if the teeth are in a new position and that will be corrected with the crumbs.
- We can get them all in one line to make sure the teeth. Look all straight now, that's very strategic.
Crowns and years are the answer because they will correct multiple things at the same time. So we're going to talk a little bit about the things that crowns of veneer can do to straighten your teeth in just two weeks.
So the three main things that crown ins and years can do in just two weeks to make your teeth. Look better and straighter is the number one shape. So if the tooth is too little too big too wide too long,
- We can use crowns and veneers to make them look different.
- We can shorten the teeth, we can make them appear more narrow.
- We can push them out further. It depends on the kind of cosmetic or aesthetic that you're trying to accomplish.
The second thing that we can fix with crowns and veneers instantly is position, so some people, their teeth, are flared out.
Maybe they have a really big overbite, or maybe they're too far back or maybe they're to the side, to the left, or to the right.
We can narrow those teeth down or pull those teeth back into place to make them appear as if they are in a position that they really are not, and that's just some of the tricks and dentistry that we can do depending on how far back we can Go we can analyze all of those things ahead of time, but we can reduce overbite.
We can make it open by appearing clothes. We can make a lot of illusions to make sure your smile looks really nice. The third thing we can do is color and color. It'S probably one of the most important things and the reason color is so important is again not everyone can whiten their teeth.
Not everyone gets the results of whitening that you think we can never promise how white your teeth can get. Some people such 10 shades wire. Some people - it does nothing, so you really want.
If you want a stable color that will not change over time because crowns veneers, they do not say they do not change color. So, even if you drink all kinds of coffee and red wine and all kinds of things that stained the teeth, typically, those teeth are not going to change color.
So what the really great things about crumbs and ears that cannot only improve the position and the shape of your teeth is also that is a stable color, that you don't have to worry over time now most of us are not going to give up our morning Cup of coffee, so that's one of those things you can feel confident that if you get crowns and veneers that is not going to change so shape position and color.
Now, let's look at some examples of some of the cases we've done in our office to correct some of those things for that instant result, so we're going to go through a couple of actual cases that we have done in our office, at modern smelling implant center To correct certain things, about people's teeth that are instantly corrected in one appointment, so obviously the first appointment we prepare the teeth and usually um.
Well, all the time people leave with temporary crowns that are very closely representative of what we're going to actually have the results of. Of course, the lab is going to receive the impressions and then they're going to receive their course and crowns in two weeks. So the first case is a patient.
Is it a good idea to straighten teeth?
- I saw a male in my office that had multiple large cavities on his teeth and obviously, if you look at these photographs, the teeth are quite damaged on the cavities are very big and the pieces very dark.
- Now. Imagine if he just closes gaps with um with braces um, it wouldn't correct all the color and the cavity and stuff like that. So what we did is we place crowns on all this press key and it was very happy with the results.
- Another case we have here if someone who had multiple bonding so when people say bonding, is a lot of composite material.
That'S placed on the top of the teeth and, as I noted before, when you have courtland's and years or crowns, they do not stay in overtime.
But bonding does, and you can see at the top of the picture, that the bonding is started to deteriorate change.
Color cavea starts to form underneath it and underneath the final crowns, which is a beautiful result. Then I have another patient that has a tooth that was damaged as a child and they didn't root canal, but never quite crowd, and you can see the tooth is starting to turn yellow and what happens when the tooth turns yellow it doesn't look very good.
So what we decided to do is crown both front teeth and now beautiful cosmetic results, another patient we had.
We try to correct multiple, bonds and fillings that had been done on her teeth for several years and no amount of whitening was fixing it.
So we decided to do dental veneers and the picture that you're seeing is actually the picture of two hours later after the Vanaras preps - and these are the temporary crown to the permanent crowns was even better than that.
Then I had another patient. She had a birthday coming up and she really did not want to wait for braces to correct the tooth that was over left on top of the other teeth, so he decided to do veneers on her front teeth and you can see two hours later.
Her teeth are straight, her final crown was gorgeous and in the lab case, is kind of the opposite.
The tooth the scientist was behind the front tooth and what we did is within that appointment. We made everything seem correct and just by having crowns done on those teeth and those are just temporary crumbs again, the final crops were beautiful.
Can I straighten my teeth without braces?
- it is practically a rite of passage in those awkward teenage years. a lot of kids had to get braces, but now there's a way that costs far less than traditional braces without the metal.
- the new way for straightening your child's teeth. reporter going to the dentist, i do n't think anyone would call it fun, but for children with braces it can be downright painful. collina remembers what tightening day was like an hour after you get them tight,
- you can't eat for the rest of the day, reporter is now fast forward, 20 years later, and her daughter is having her teeth straightened in a whole new way without braces through something called the healthy start system.
- it's a series of soft removable mouth guards like oral appliances, that your child wears at night that slowly guides their teeth into the healthiest position.
- it's not straightening teeth so much as it's guiding them to where they're supposed to be in the first place reporter. these pictures show the dramatic difference.
- the healthy start system can make in as little as six to 18 months without pain, no ugly wires, no need for teeth, pulling and no need to wear an appliance 24/7 and then there's the cost.
- the traditional braces are in the area of $ 6,000 for 24 months in bands and the healthy start device is $ 3,750.
- my teeth were getting more straighter reporter. in just one year, shen niece has seen dramatic differences in her smile, but what she likes best is not having a mouth full of brace.
What are the top ways to straighten your teeth?
Teeth may be straightened in a number of ways.
- First, it can be with orthodontics or braces. This is usually one of three types They can be the outside braces so which may be the metal train tracks, as people often know them as can be tooth-colored on the outside, or they can be fixed on the inside. Those braces are known as fixed braces.
- The inside braces are known as lingual braces, meaning tongue and they are hidden behind the teeth. An alternative, orthodontic or braces treatment is with removable braces.
- We tend to favor something called Invisalign. This is a series of aligners that you change weekly. We don't need to see you every week, but they gradually guide your teeth into a better position.
- You must wear those 21-22 hours a day and each one is a slightly different position so, as I said, it moves them gradually into the final end result.
- We find it very popular with our clients here. Some people, however, do not want braces, Even though it's very acceptable nowadays for adults to wear braces. Some people don't want to wear them For those clients. If they want to straighten their teeth, we can do numerous things.
- This might consist of something called contouring where we can adjust the tooth or around the corner of a sharp edge to make it look straighter There's something called bonding where we can add tooth-colored filling material to the tooth.
- That can give you a longer tooth, replace missing, tooth structure or widen the teeth That is usually reversible because were just adding onto the tooth, so it's a popular treatment. The ultimate, though, for the non-orthodontic treatment is something called veneers.
- These are porcelain, facings that go on the front of the teeth and give us the ultimate control of tooth shape, size, structure, position, and color.
- We can make them whiter or brighter to suit our clients, Depending on where the tooth sits. Sometimes we don't have to do any drilling to accommodate those, but they give us the ultimate Hollywood smile.
How can I straight my teeth at home?
Can you straighten your teeth, naturally at home, Regarding the question of whether or not you can straighten teeth, naturally at home, That's a bit of a loaded question.
- First of all, you got ta separate it between people who are growing and people who are not growing; basically, children versus adults, Definitely in children.
- I've seen this before in my own practice as we worked on certain habits like their mouth breathing, you know: there's lip apart posture, basically, their lips being apart or You know, recognizing a tongue tie and dealing with that, so that the tongue would be able to rest Against truth of their mouth, otherwise, It was tied down and wouldn't be able to rest against the truth.
- Your mouth, as well as an improper swallow where they, you know, Tend to swallow with their lips, pushing together and pushing inwards.
- All those negative habits can definitely cause teeth to crowd and kind of for the jaws to develop in a bit of a negative way and correcting those habits can cause teeth to Align in a better way as the child is growing.
- And - and there are certain products and services, like my braces, for instance, which helps to Kind of guide the teeth and kind of work on those habits, And I've seen that time and time again with dozens of our patients over the years where we've had.
- You know really nice results from their teeth alignment in a very much more natural way to do it now. Regarding adults, on the other hand, their Bonus is harder.
- You know the face is not growing any more exercises at home. Don'T have the same large impact that I've seen enjoy.
You know the face is not growing any more exercises at home. Don'T have the same large impact that I've seen enjoy.
It'S very subtle. If anything, I do find that they're helpful for retention. Let'S say: we've aligned someone's teeth with Invisalign or braces and we've straightened their teeth, But they had a very strong mouth breathing habit where their mouth would hang open at night, their tongue would fall down, their cheeks are basically pushing on their arch and constricting the origin.
It typically causes teeth to relapse, and this is why, when you've heard of people who have had braces or Invisalign before - and Maybe they didn't do such a good job wearing their retainers afterward and their teeth started shifting.
It'S often because these teeth are responding to the forces in their mouth From their muscles and by working on these habits like mouth breathing. In theory, It can make the teeth more Naturally stable.
I still recommend retainers, but it does help. You also need to understand that teeth respond to Forces, but they require continuous force.
- That'S how in these liner braces work, They put a gentle continuous force on teeth and that's what causes teeth to move.
- So when you do an exercise for five minutes, it isn't so much that five-minute exercise that is potentially gon a change.
- Your teeth position. It'S more about breaking the habit of causing the teeth late, but if your lips tend to push inwards, Don't be surprised, your teeth are going to be more jumbled up and angle back and if you can work on that habit, then perhaps your teeth may gradually line Up a little bit better but, As I said in adults, It's gonna be a very subtle and very slow change.
If any, there are a variety of different exercises out there, There are different categories:
- There are certain exercises to work on mouth breathing, for instance, Just Encouraging nasal breathing and keeping the lips together.
- Ideally, the tongue should be resting. You soothe their mouth lips, you know, should be relaxed and sealed.
- So there are. Those exercises, like my brace, for instance, have a series of exercises where they started off with Breathing exercises.
Then they go into tone and posture exercises To help train the tongue, to receive numerals, and then also work on swallowing exercises to help deactivate the muscles around our lips too, to make sure that you know They're, not squishing in every time we swallow if you work On those series of exercises, then your odds are much greater, that, as that version, for instance, for that child to continue to grow, that their face will glow and the teeth in their face will.
So, while these exercises are very important to help with long-term stability.
- I do find that for most orthodontic problems, We're still getting a much better result When we align the teeth first with either this line or braces getting them into a good bite, making sure that the teeth fit together in a proper way, and then holding it with retainers.
- But Using these exercises to work on the mouth breathing work on the incorrect swallow work on any kind of other habits like lip apart posture and then That will help with more natural stability later on and helping to reduce the orthodontic relapse.
- So, as a result, the exercises play a critical role, But in a way where they supplement a more traditional treatment and together we end up with, hopefully, a Healthier and more stable outcome.
Thank you for reading this article about how you can straighten your teeth in just two weeks.
watch this video